WeChat news from around the web
- How WeChat means Apple's iPhone may never again dominate in ChinaWeChat has become so ubiquitous in China that the iPhone is increasingly measured by how well it runs this one app -- and it's now millions of "mini-programs" that are supplanting the App Store.
- Chinese telcos try to replace WeChat with launch of 5G messaging serviceChina's three major carriers have a combined mobile subscriber base of 1.6 billion. By leveraging that advantage, their new 5G messaging service could post a big threat to WeChat.
- CHINA VOICES | China reflects on Luckin: ‘Expert research’ and the 2VC modelLuckin's impending implosion has led to a lot of soul-searching with many questioning the environment that allowed Luckin to thrive.
- Meituan is selling Huawei smartphones and cosmetics from SephoraMeituan is drastically expanding offerings from physical stores on its platform to tens of thousands of products, taking aim at rival Alibaba.
- This Week in Apps: COVID-19 contact tracing apps, virtual dating on the rise, Quibi makes a debutThis week we continue to look at how the coronavirus outbreak is impacting mobile apps, how WhatsApp is fighting fake news and how home quarantines are impacting online grocery and dating apps.