BYD news from around the web
- Elon Musk announce Tesla first company to make 1 million EVs, and it’s a Model YIn a tweet, Elon Musk announced that Tesla has produced its millionth electric vehicle, a Tesla Model Y. Congratulations Tesla team on making our 1,000,000th car!! pic.twitter.com/5M99a9LLQi — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 10, 2020 Tesla was founded in 2003, me…
- Lawmakers Slam China-Controlled Truck Maker BYD As Threat To USChinese electric vehicle maker BYD faced criticism Thursday from both sides of the political aisle and from geopolitical experts for undercutting U.S. transportation equipment suppliers. Opponents also called out the manufacturer as a threat to American secur…
- BYD Improves Productivity With New Dual-Charging System For Its ForkliftsBYD is amping up charging speeds on its forklifts this week with the addition of a second AC charging port. The second port allows BYD's forklifts to charge with two adapters from a single wallbox at a maximum power of 400 amps at 240 volts, or 166 kW. That i…
- Toyota To Build A $1.2 Billion Electric Car Factory in Tianjin, ChinaToyota's Chinese factory will exclusively produce new energy vehicles.
- BYD To Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks To EcuadorAfter taxis and buses, BYD sells its first electric trucks in Ecuador.
- Electric bus orders on track in India despite coronavirus outbreakThe Secunderabad-based Olectra sources bus chassis from Chinese firm BYD, which is one of the largest electric bus manufacturer in the world
- Tesla Model 3 Shines In Disrupted Market — China EV Sales ReportAfter the December sales peak, January signaled the expected sales hangover in China, but with some 49,000 passenger plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs), the numbers were worse than expected, as sales fell 50% year over year (YoY)
- Factbox: Automakers' sales sink in China due to coronavirus epidemicVehicle sales of automakers in China, the world's biggest car market, tumbled in February as customers stayed at home and away from dealerships amid the coronavirus epidemic that has killed 3,100 people in the world's second-biggest economy.
- Tesla Produces Its Millionth Car As Competitors Remain Far, Far BehindFrom one to a million in just over a decade, Tesla has hit a significant milestone in EV production.