ByteDance news from around the web
- ByteDance Takes Aim at Tencent's Core Gaming BusinessThe world’s most valuable startup is gearing up for an assault on Tencent’s gaming empire.
- Censorship claims emerge as TikTok gets political in IndiaA TikTok influencer says his videos on Hindu-Muslim unity have triggered censorship on the app.
- 5 reasons why Bytedance might become the next gaming giantIt's reportedly building a gaming division to focus on non-casual games, an area dominated by Tencent.
- ByteDance’s TikTok Is Rendering Facebook’s IGTV ObsoleteMost Instagram users are ignoring its fledgling video platform.
- Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma, China's richest man, pledged $14.5 million to fight the coronavirusTech billionaire Jack Ma has pledged $14.5 million towards fighting the coronavirus outbreak. The Alibaba founder will donate 100 million yuan ($14.5 million) through his charitable foundation. Bill and Melinda Gates have also pledged assistance, while Tencen…
- Coronavirus: Bill Gates, Apple And Jack Ma Donate Millions To Fight OutbreakThe Alibaba founder and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have donated to efforts to fight the coronavirus, along with Apple, Tencent and LVMH.
- China Coronavirus: High-Profile Film Productions Shut Down As Quarantines SpreadAs the coronavirus continues its rapid spread, China continues to struggle with consequences of the disease on myriad levels. The updated count of confirmed cases has crossed 6,000 on the mainland, with 132 people dead. Separately to the tragic human toll of …
- Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma, China's richest man, pledged $14.5 million to fight the coronavirusThe money will be donated through Ma's charitable foundation, which will use it to help medical research efforts and disease prevention.
- Social shorts: Dark mode comes to TikTok, Facebook rolls out new tool to give users more privacyThe social media marketing week in review: A round up of news and announcements you may have missed. Please visit Marketing Land for the full article.