Baidu news from around the web
- Employee jailed for using Baidu servers to mine cryptoThe engineer sentenced to three years and fined for using 200 Baidu servers to mine Monero, earning the equivalent of RMB 100,000 from April to July 2018.
- Chinese tech firms eye the work collaboration app marketPinduoduo is the latest Chinese tech firm to test the work productivity waters by opening up its homegrown IM app for public use.
- AI drug development platform raises $10 million in Series AStonewise, a platform which applies AI to drug discovery, is working with research institutions in China to develop a treatment for Covid-19.
- WeRide resumes robotaxi service in China after COVID-19WeRide resumes robotaxi service in China with extreme precautions to keep riders and drivers safe after COVID-19. I met the WeRide team at the Amazon booth at this year’s CES in Las Vegas. Those were still good times when we shook hands. WeRide operates its a…
- Tencent Music Q4 revenue beats expectations, warns of soft Q1Strong earnings sent Tencent Music shares up 3% in after-hour trading, defying losses seen by many Chinese tech firms.
- Changan to mass produce China’s first L3 self-driving carThe Changan flagship sedan is said to be China's first mass-produced self-driving vehicle with Level 3 hardware.
- Didi nabs coveted license with 32% stake in insurerThe recent deal will help Didi widen its line of auto financial offerings and expand its footprint in the lucrative Chinese online insurance industry.
- INSIGHTS | Bytedance gaming play doesn’t threaten Tencent—yetBytedance is moving into gaming, but it's not trying to overthrow Tencent yet. It's a low stakes bet that will get big only if it succeeds early.