Digital currencies news from around the web
- Celo forms Alliance for Prosperity network to create cryptocurrency for remittances and philanthropyThe Celo Foundation is announcing the Alliance for Prosperity, a network that provides a digital currency for people who can benefit from financial access.
- Goldman Sachs just announced its first partnership for transaction banking as it looks to build a new $1 billion business moving money around the worldGoldman Sachs has announced a partnership with SAP to offer cross-border payments functionality on the German tech giant's Ariba Network, which matches corporate purchasers with their vendors. The partnership is the first to be made public from Goldman's nasc…
- Cryptos: Bitcoin plunges 26%, its sharpest selloff in 7 yearsCryptocurrencies were not immune to the coronavirus-related selloff on Wall Street on Thursday, as the price of bitcoin plummeted 26%, its worst daily selloff in seven years.
- The Bank of England is debating whether to issue a digital currencyCentral banks are researching digital forms of notes and coins as cash usage declines.
- What Happens When Currencies Fail? Feat. Preston PyshMassive and novel government intervention in markets is now a foregone conclusion, but what happens to bitcoin as the dust settles?
- TransferWise taps into China market with Alipay partnershipBritish online money transfer service TransferWise Ltd said on Monday it is partnering with mobile payments giant Alibaba-backed Alipay to enable instant transfers to China using 17 currencies.
- Three things central bankers can learn from BitcoinIn a recent panel discussion, experts highlighted some practical lessons from the original cryptocurrency.
- How Banks Make Digital Transformation WorkOne of the more consistently insightful observers of the fintech industry, author Chris Skinner, highlighted the rise of central bank digital currencies as one of the more surprising conversations at FinovateEurope this year. “China’s about to launch one, the…
- How will all the chaos in the world impact the price of bitcoin?Strix Leviathan operates a quantitative digital asset fund taking systematic long and short positions in large-cap digital currencies including bitcoin and ethereum, so our perspective on the global economy doesn’t have a major impact on the day-to-day operat…