Censorship in China news from around the web
- Apple Removed 805 Apps in China From 2018 To 2019Over the course of a year, Apple took down 805 apps in mainland China by its own account. From a report: In Apple's latest transparency report accounting for the first half of 2019, the iPhone maker said it removed 288 apps from China's iOS App Store for both…
- Censorship claims emerge as TikTok gets political in IndiaA TikTok influencer says his videos on Hindu-Muslim unity have triggered censorship on the app.
- The Angle: China Is Playing Whack-a-Mole With Coronavirus RumorsThis is the country's response to the coronavirus panic.
- Meet the Chinese crowdsourcers fighting coronavirus censorshipFaced with information suppression and untrustworthy news, citizens in China and Hong Kong do their best to chronicle the coronavirus outbreak and sift fact from fiction.
- How the Chinese Government Is Trying to Quash Coronavirus Rumors on Social MediaChina is dealing with both a public health crisis and a public relations crisis.
- You Can Now Go to Jail in China for Criticizing Beijing’s Coronavirus ResponseThe Chinese government is ramping up its propaganda, and cracking down on criticism, as the virus spreads.
- Anger over the Wuhan virus is sparking pushback against censorshipThe Great Firewall of China has always been annoying, but it's not usually this deadly.
- The Blockstream Satellite Network: Maintaining Bitcoin Sovereignty in SpaceThe Blockstream Satellite network lets Bitcoiners send messages and transactions into and back from space, bypassing censorship and technical limits. The post The Blockstream Satellite Network: Maintaining Bitcoin Sovereignty in Space appeared first on Bitcoi…