WeChat news from around the web
- 108 Million People in China Put Into Lockdown After 34 New Coronavirus Cases DetectedThe Chinese province of Jilin has placed about 108 million people into lockdown on Monday after roughly 34 new cases of coronavirus and one death were identified in the region over the past few weeks, according to a new report from Bloomberg News. The new loc…
- Buzzy Ethereum wallet app Argent comes out of stealthArgent is launching the first public version of its Ethereum wallet for iOS and Android. It’s a well-designed Ethereum wallet with some innovative security features. It also integrates really well with DeFi projects.
- Tencent gets boost in Q1 as China turns to gaming during outbreakThe Covid-19 outbreak gave a boost to Tencent gaming revenue. However, the company has said the boost could be temporary.
- Didi hires van drivers for their imminent push into logisticsThe push by Didi to establish itself in a wider mobility market may drive its valuation even higher, but the competition will be fierce.
- Charles Lu: The man behind Luckin and China’s fastest IPOsWho is Luckin chairman Charles Lu, and why is he still running the show after the company admitted to major revenue fraud?
- Buzzy Ethereum wallet app Argent comes out of stealthArgent is launching the first public version of its Ethereum wallet for iOS and Android. The company has been available as a limited beta for a few months with a few thousand users. But it has already raised a seed and a Series A round with notable investors,…